Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Struggle is the Blessing



Today I heard streaming through my mind: Every time I try to be that which I am not, I get hurt. Sometimes I notice myself being more than I am just so I can think I am somebody who really is nobody. When my actions leave an echo, I always know that what I just did was not from my authentic self.

This perhaps is a calling to get quiet. I notice my mind is mad lately since I have been working on a book and my mind feels slightly full and overwhelmed especially today. Where has my meditation practice gone? It seems like it has been replaced with eating as much fruit as one should be allowed in a week to see if I can gather some information beyond my normal comfort zone. This should not take a few extra apples or bananas in a day. I think I’d rather get back to meditating. There is less of a stretch in the abdomen, well there is with breath, but not so much, you know what I mean!


Also, I miss the flow that meditation provides. I have found lately a bit of stagnation in some of my relationships. Especially my primary ones, and it breaks my heart to know that I am indeed causing a less than harmonious vibe between us. But, at the same time, if only the whole world came together only after we had been on the cushion, with an open mind and heart for at least 20 minutes a day! Imagine a world with no wars in the family or beyond, where it was always ok to be where you are and people weren’t fighting to be somebody or somewhere else!

Are you struggling right now with an issue? A good way to be present and go within to find what you need to shift is to get quiet, relax all the muscles within, starting at the feet and moving upwards, and then ask yourself:
  • How am I contributing to this problem?
  • What do I need to know right now that can ease my mind?
  • What do I need to change?
Be very quiet. Listen for the answer. Your body will share with you exactly what needs to shift.
Take this process with you and practice when the road gets blocked or your vision becomes blurry. Hopefully it is not now, but know that there is always a solution to what seems like a problem. What if it were just an invitation to go inwards, be very quiet and get to know your authentic self.

Much love,
Waller

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search This Blog